Just wanted to announce that Southwest Reporting will be attending the 37th Annual Advanced Civil Trial Course Oct. 29-31 in Houston, TX. We will have an exhibit table set up during the seminar and will be promoting Southwest and all of our services. Feel free to stop by the table and say hello. We have lots of goodies and treats to give away. There will be a variety of promotional items and even french macaroons for anyone who stops by.
There are a lot of reasons why we chose to attend this seminar. There is a lot of valuable information and knowledge that can be gained. Here is a list of 6 reasons why it is good experience to attend seminars or events for your business.
1. You can gain exposure and knowledge to new business ideas or new services. There are always new and innovative ways a company can improve their current services or products. Going to different events allows you to see what is out there and what your company needs to have or do right now.
2. Meet other individuals and vendors who you can learn from. You could even meet another company who you could gain business from or use their services. The possible gains are endless with networking.
3. Attending an event also allows you to learn what your competition is up to and what they are doing differently. This is a good time for you to evaluate your own company against others and figure out your strengths and weakness and what you can do better. Their information is also easily accessible so you don’t have to go through hoops or spend a lot of time researching.
4. Generating leads for potential clients or even strategic alliances is an important and rewarding reason to attend an event. Collect information and business cards, educate people on your services and use all other outlets that you have during the show to create a list of new contacts for your business. This will pay off in the long run.
5. Events that pertain to your business allows your company to become more educated on your industry. Being educated allows you to better support your clients and everyone involved by using the resources and information you gained from attending.
6. Above all have fun and take the opportunity to grow and learn as an individual and as a company.